My Fans

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Obama's Acceptance of the Candidacy Speech

Tonight was the first time I listened to one of Barack Obama's speeches from start to finish, and I must say that I am very impressed with what I heard. Barack Obama is a powerful speaker and was able to instill feelings of pride and happiness towards a better future, and I'm not even American. While we all know that Obama is now the President of the United States, seeing him win the nomination just now made me feel something that I haven't felt since June, 2008.
What I find effective about Obama's speeches are the ways he is able to include the audience, and adress them so well. When Obama accepted the nomination, it made me, as a watcher, feel as if it wasn't just him winning the nomination, but everyone who voted for him, everyone who wanted change. Barack Obama uses inclusion incredibly well in his speeches and I found it had a very powerful impact on me.
What I find impressive about Barack Obama's speeches are not just how he uses inclusion, but how humble he came off while giving his speech. Obama reminds us all how none if this could have been accomplished if not for the stellar support of his friends, family and collegues, and is quick to thanks those around him.
Listening to this speech, compared to reading it, had a much greater impact on me. His words were much more powerful and meaningful than I thought he would have sounded, and listening to him giving his speech, full of emotion, was a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment